Workshops and Events
Cultivating Self Compassion
through Yin & Mindfulness | 4 week course
8-9.15pm Mondays, starting 2 September 2019
Self-Compassion arises when we open ourselves to the tender and perhaps painful aspects of our experience with understanding, acceptance and kindness. It is a courageous path to emotional wellbeing, resilience, reduced reactivity, fulfilling relationships and genuine happiness. Research has shown that self compassion increases our self worth and self esteem, and buffers us against stress, anger and depression.
Join Ange on a 4 week journey to cultivate self-compassion through Yin, Meditation and gentle breath practices.
What to expect from the course:
- Explore simple, soothing and empowering practices that can be integrated into your every day life, including gentle yoga, meditations and reflection practices.
- Learn to reduce rumination, negative self-talk and being so hard on yourself.
- Discover how to motivate yourself through encouragement rather than criticism.
- Increase your ability to be with the spectrum of emotions and experiences, with greater understanding, ease and kindness
- Learn to care for yourself in a adaptive way to bring long-lasting joy, health and happiness. Research has demonstrated that self compassion can even help maintain healthy lifestyle habits, such as diet and exercise.
- Understand the theory and research behind self compassion, and why it is NOT self pity and self indulgence.
Who is it for?
Anyone seeking to invite more kindness, calm and acceptance into their life. All welcome.
Where: Yoganic, Level 1, 551 Willoughby Rd, Willoughby
Investment: $120 for all 4 weeks
Starts: 8pm Monday 2 September
Yin Immersion | Sacred Space
2-4.15pm Sunday 22 August @ Yoganic
Space, the sacred and exquisite aspect of life that we yearn more of in our day, mind and body. Carve out the afternoon of Sunday 22 September to immerse in the sacred space of your own time and attention - to connect, rest and renew.
Delve into therapeutic yin poses to create more space and freedom in the body; relaxing meditations to cultivate greater peace within and gentle breathe practices to cleanse, deepen our presence and relax the nervous system. Make time to be with yourself, for the benefit of yourself and ultimately those around you.
Immerse in a full body release, with extra attention given to the hips, legs and spine. It’s time to just be, to breath, be still and nourish this body and heart of ours. Enabling us to step forward with greater clarity, vitality and freedom.
Investment: $55 ($50 early bird)
Location: Yoganic - Level 2, 551 Willoughby Rd, Willoughby
> Yin Immersion *sold out* Saturday 31 August
> Cultivating Self Compassion Course | 8pm Mondays starting Sept 2
Save the date
> Yin Immersion Sunday 22 September
"Ange is a great teacher and the perfect Mindfulness presenter.
She is warm & welcoming, empathetic and insightful, really well informed - and her passion for Mindfulness shines through in her work." Meditation & Mindfulness Living Student