Workshops and Events
Meditation & Mindful Living
8-9.15pm Mondays, starting 3 February 2019
“I am a much happier person, I feel so much more at peace and relaxed. It’s just what I needed." - meditation and mindful living student
Enjoy being guided through meditations each week to cultivate greater presence, ease and peace, whilst developing the skills and confidence to integrate mindfulness into your daily life.
Each week we will explore the many simple and effective ways we can meditate and be mindful. Plus receive take home recorded mindfulness meditations and activities to support you integrate the practices throughout your week.
“The workbook is great and very useful. Meditation has become a part of my life now.”
Benefits of Meditation and Mindful Living:
• Reduce stress, worry and break the cycle of negative thoughts.
• Feel more relaxed and calm.
• Improve sleep and overall health.
• Become more engaged in what you do, reduce distractions and increase productivity.
• Be more present - to yourself, your relationships and each moment of your life.
• Greater capacity and courage to deal with change, uncertainty and difficulties in life.
• Cultivate greater compassion and empathy toward yourself and others.
• Become more self-ware - notice what triggers stress, reactivity, avoidance and negativity. Learn why they occur and how to mediate them.
• Cultivate the capacity to notice, be with and choose your thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
• Find greater joy in the every day.
The course will also explore:
• Why meditation can feel ‘difficult’ and discover ways to combat these hindrances.
• Both formal and informal mindfulness meditation practices, including seated, laying down (body scan), walking and mindful movement (yoga) and also learn to apply mindfulness to our every day lives - from mindful eating to conversations and our relationships.
Suitable for those:
• New to meditation
• Curious to learn more about mindful way of living
• Meditators wanting to enjoy the benefits of meditation in a supportive group environment.
When: 8pm Mondays starting 3 February
Venue: Yoganic, Level 1 551 Willoughby Rd, Willoughby
Facilitator: Angela Mifsud
> Yin & Mindfulness: Cultivating Self Compassion starts March 16
"Ange is a great teacher and the perfect Mindfulness presenter.
She is warm & welcoming, empathetic and insightful, really well informed - and her passion for Mindfulness shines through in her work." Meditation & Mindfulness Living Student